On behalf of the members of the scientific committee, we are pleased to welcome you to the 10th International Conference on Skin Ageing and Challenges which will be held on February 25-27, 2019 in Porto, Portugal. Skin Challenges 2019 is organized under the patronage of the International Microbiota Society (IMS) and the International Society of Antioxidants in Nutrition and Health (ISANH).
Ageing is an international issue that has social, economic and individual impacts. Preventing it and decreasing its side effects (all related pathologies) are major challenges for humanity. Thus the understanding of ageing and in particular skin ageing mechanisms will allow us to live longer, better and healthier.
During Skin Challenges 2019, the Scientific Committee will allocate significant time to discuss the latest advances related to skin homeostasis and ageing. Our objective is to provide answers and to give a future vision and trends on: how can the current researches delay the side effects of ageing and skin ageing?
We will provide also more time and space to present the recent innovations, biotechnology products and devices.
The aims of Skin Challenges 2019 are to:
- Draft the state of the art in skin ageing
- Present the different mechanisms involved in homeostasis and skin aging but also to address the different tracks and pathways (signaling, transcription factors…) involved in this process
- Discuss the role of microbiota and skin microbiota
- Highlight the recent innovations in skin ageing and photo ageing
- Present the role of lifestyle and circadian rhythm on the skin
- Select recent innovations related to Skin
A general discussion will be organized between chairpersons and speakers at the end of the conference.
As always, we very much look forward to seeing you in sunny Porto for this exciting event.
Prof. Jean Krutmann
IUF – Leibniz Research Institute for Environmental Medicine, Germany
President of Skin Ageing & Challenge 2019